Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic assortment is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of rich choice of textures and colors, such flooring appear magnificent and stylish, and fit with any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for flooring tiles under laminate is explained not just with their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it’s often used as the main component for decorating floors.
Among the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating does not wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness after 50 years;
- safety in program. The planks are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products aren’t terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in high temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t inferior to floors made of pure wood or stone.
No matter how perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate can include:
- The large price. The product, that may last more than a dozen decades is pricey, but in operation, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and ceramic https://1popechi.ru/ stoneware. The first version of the coating is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is produced of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The result is a lasting and beautiful finishing substance.
The two types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are available.